ACCOUNTS & FINANCE EXECUTIVE (KUALA LUMPUR – FINANCE – PART TIME)
- We founded JomPaw.com with the mission to connect pet parents with a nationwide network of pet lovers for hire. Why? We strongly believe that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of all pets, be it cats, dogs, rabbits, ferrets, iguanas, snakes, turtles….you name it!
- JomPaw improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the animals they love by connecting owners with trusted pet care whenever they need it. Hundreds of services have been booked on JomPaw, including pet boarding, sitting, dog walking, pet taxi, and dog obedience training.
- Needless to say (but we’re going to say it anyway) – we love all animals!
- Founded in 2017 and headquartered in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, we have seen tremendous growth in the Malaysian market so far. Backed up by our latest funding round from Khazanah and Cradle (subsidiary of the Ministry of Finance), we are an agile and ambitious, fast-growing company with an intimate strong bonding team of 8 core team members and more than 200 validated pet sitters, and our leadership comes from some of the most respected companies, such as Lazada, L’occitane, L’oreal, P&G, Unilever and many more.
- Now, we are on our mission to bring JomPaw.com and the benefits we spread amongst pet lovers to the entire Malaysia! Therefore, we are looking for a talented and driven Accounts & Finance Executive (based in KL)! Work as one of the pioneer team members, develop and grow the JomPaw brand throughout Malaysia and drive demand to our platform.
- Responsible for full spectrum of day to day accounts and financial functions.
- To liaise with auditors, bankers, tax agent, company secretary and other statutory compliance.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Prepare and post monthly journals.
- Preparation to trial balance stage of Statement of Income and Expenditure and Financial Position.
- Assist in the preparation of Management Report as required.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Administer the accounts payable function and maintain appropriate records.
- Check to ensure online bank account numbers of suppliers are set up accurately and all payments are properly authorised.
- Expense claims.
- Process staff expense claims.
- Ensure the claims are properly authorised.
- Cash management.
- Maintain Bank Balance information.
- Maintain Petty Cash records.
- Maintain Cash Journal records.
- Maintain Cash Book data entry.
- You will work very closely with JomPaw’s Chief Executive Officer.
- Ideally: You are an animal lover of any sorts – you either grew up with a pet or you own a pet as the love for our paw friends is what drives our brand across all channels.
- Diploma/Degree in Business Admin/Finance/Accountancy or equivalent.
- Proven Accounts and Finance generalist experience of > 3 years is expected.
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team.
What you can expect/ what we offer:
You will join an amazing and ambitious team of pet lovers and be one of the first employees on the ground to tackle the Malaysia market. Since it’s a part time job, you will be required to step into JomPaw’s office every Monday, Wednesday and Friday help shape JomPaw’s success story in Malaysia right from the get-go. Regular team activities, including game nights, and more. Competitive compensation and potentially stock options as well as pet benefits included.
Address: Office Address: NEM, Glo Damansara Mall, Lot 1.02 Level 1, Jalan Damansara, 60000, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Sounds interesting, and like a perfect match? – Then we can’t wait to get to know you!
How to apply:
Drop us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org