We JomPaw Malaysia Sdn Bhd with a Company Registration Number of 1253485-D agree to provide our service to you subject to the following terms.
1. The “Pet Boarder” or “Pet Sitter” or “Dog Walker” or “Pet Chauffeur” or “Dog Trainer” (“Caretaker”) is an independent contractor and is not our employee nor our agent.
2. We are a platform to facilitate your pet towards getting the appropriate and suitable Caretaker based on the pet’s conditions, requirements and information that the client provides to us.
3. The scope of services (“service”) by the Caretaker may consist of either one or more of the following (as the case may be):-
a) Pet boarding.
a) Pet sitting.
a) Dog walking.
a) Dog training.
4. The service is restricted only to such service as selected at the time of appointment scheduling by the client. For avoidance of doubt, we reserve the right to change, remove and/or modify the service or any part thereof.
5. In the event that the assigned Caretaker is unavailable for an appointment which had already been confirmed, we will provide the next available Caretaker on ‘best-match basis’ based on the information that the client originally provided. We do not guarantee the availability of any or a specific Caretaker for any date, time and location which the client seeks for the service to be provided.
6. You agree to pay the fees and deposits that are in effect at the time your pet is in our care.
7. You agree to pay in full to secure a time slot before a service is rendered.
8. You agree to show Proof of Payment before a service is rendered.
9. You agree to provide at least 72 hours’ notice to cancel a service with JomPaw.
10. If less than 72 hours’ notice is provided for all services with JomPaw, then you may be charged in full.
11. You agree to provide us with all information necessary for the satisfactory performance of our services, including any dietary, nutritional or exercise requirements of the pet and any other instructions for the wellbeing of the animal. All information must be mentioned during the Meet and Greet Session.
12. You are responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment, pet carrier, pet leash, supplements, medications, shampoo, toys, snacks, food and supplies needed for care of your animals.
13. You are responsible to provide more than sufficient amount of food or meals based on the scheduled period.
14. You agree to provide keys or arrange for keys to be available for the appointment. If the provided keys do not work, or an incorrect key is supplied, you authorise us to obtain keys or access from emergency contacts or using a locksmith. (Only applicable to Pet Sitting and Dog Walking services).
15. You authorise us to obtain any emergency veterinary care that may be necessary during the time spent with your pet. Every effort will be made to contact you prior to obtaining emergency care. You accept responsibility for any charges related to this emergency care. You also authorise us to utilise an alternative veterinarian in the event your regular veterinarian is unavailable or cannot be reached.
16. You agree to reimburse us for any additional fees for providing emergency care, as well as any expenses incurred for unexpected visits, transportation, housing, equipment, food, access or supplies. We will show you a proof of purchase or receipt.
17. We require that your pet should be up to date with all vaccinations, worm and flea treatments. If your pet has a parasitic infection, you pet will be treated, in consultation with your vet, and you will be responsible for reimbursing the cost.
18. Pets being boarded must be licensed by the respective municipal council and duly vaccinated with an original certificate or vaccination book must be presented as proof. We may require a copy of
19. We have the right to suspend or terminate the service with immediate effect in the event that there occurs any incident, or complaint by the Caretaker, which in our opinion may jeopardize or put the Caretaker’s safety, security and/or welfare at risk or the caretaker in his/her sole discretion determines that owner’s animal poses a danger to the health or safety of itself, other pets, other people, the caretaker, or the employee. If concerns prohibit the caretaker from caring for the pet, the owner authorises the animal to be placed in care of another, with all charges (including but not limited to transportation, housing, tranquilising, treating, accessing, and liability) to be the responsibility of the owner.
20. In the event you do not collect your pet on the agreed check out date and time, your abandoned pets at the Caretaker’s premises will be re-homed to another pet lover within 5 days.
21. We do not accept responsibility for security of your premises or loss if other individuals have access to the home during the term of this agreement. During all assignments our employees will only undertake pet care, unless prearranged with you. (Only applicable for Pet Sitting and Dog Walking services)
22. If you have given permission for your dog to be walked off lead you will not hold us or any of our employees for damage, loss or injury if your dog runs away.
23. We are not responsible for damage caused by a pet escaping because of a faulty lead, collar or harness, or equipment that is not properly fitting.
24. We shall not be held responsible for any damage to your property, or that of others, caused by your pets during the period in which they are in our care. (Only applicable for Pet Sitting and Dog Walking services)
25. You agree that JomPaw will not be liable for any pets that have gone missing or lost when in the care or possession of the Caretaker.
26. Notwithstanding anything contained herein, we do not in any way guarantee, warrant or represent that the service rendered would not result in any damage, injury, death or disability arising from your Pet’s health and physical conditions, whether disclosed or otherwise and shall not be liable for any complications, injuries, adverse reactions, loss and damage which your Pet may suffer arising from the service.
27. You understand that there is always a risk of injury to a pet that is placed in a pet boarding setting, pet sitting setting, pet taxi setting or on a walk, especially when other dogs are present. You agree not to hold JomPaw Malaysia Sdn Bhd or the Caretaker liable for any illness, injury or incident whilst in the care of JomPaw.
28. You will be responsible for any medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to the employees, other persons or animals pet.
29. In any event, you shall at all times indemnify and keep us indemnified against all action, liabilities, proceedings, claims, demands, costs and expenses in respect of or arising out of the service whether expressed pursuant to these terms and conditions or implied by any law for the time being in force or any other relation that may arise.
30. Save as expressly provided for in these terms and conditions or any other agreement between us and the client, all client information is strictly confidential and shall only be used in connection of the service envisaged herein.
31. We reserve the right to amend or vary these terms and conditions from time to time at our absolute discretion.
32. The client shall not assign or transfer any rights, obligations or benefits under these terms and conditions to any other party save with our express written consent.
33. No right of ours under the terms and conditions herein shall be deemed waived unless made and confirmed in writing by us specifically waiving such right. Any waiver by us shall be without prejudice to our rights and remedies in respect of any other breach of the terms and conditions herein by the client.
34. The terms and conditions herein shall constitute the whole of the terms agreed between us and the client in respect of the subject matter herein and supercedes all prior representations, agreements, statements and understandings, whether verbal or in writing.
35. The client hereby irrevocably consents and permits us and the Caretaker to collect, access, process and utilise the client’s personal data for the purpose of and/or in connection with the service herein. We are committed to the protection of the client’s personal data and compliance of all applicable personal data protection laws and regulations in Malaysia.
36. If any provision under these terms and conditions is held invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining of the provisions of the terms and conditions herein shall remain otherwise in full force apart from such provision which shall be deemed deleted.
37. We may issue any notice, or modify or amend or vary the terms and conditions herein (“variation”) by posting a copy of such notice or variation on our website. The client shall be deemed to have acknowledged receipt, understood and agreed to any such notice or variation by the client’s decision to continue using the App and/or the service following the date in which the notice or the variation is posted on the forum as aforesaid.
38. These terms and conditions shall be subjected to and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Malaysia.
The information provided by me as the Client is complete and accurate and I agree to all the terms and conditions as set out above.
JomPaw connects pet parents with the nation's largest network of loving and trustworthy pet sitters. Through JomPaw, pet parents can book and request for personalised care 24/7 for their pets, including pet boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, pet taxi, in-home dog training, and grooming.
© 2021 Jompaw Malaysia Sdn Bhd.